Thursday, July 23, 2009

Jesus Built My Hotrod



Chicago's status as the nation's most bike-friendly city has reached annoying proportions. Now, I love bike riding in the city; it's a classic win/win: great exercise and environmentally-speaking, anytime you can ride a bike, you should. That being said, I also understand the bicycle's place in the highway hierarchy- second to motor vehicles. Cars still own the road; they merely tolerate anyone on two wheels. To the Lance Armstrong doppelganger slowing down the lane by riding directly in front of my car- get off to the side. I don't need a teardrop helmet and blue spandex nuthugger shorts in my field of vision.

And, while we're at it, pedestrians need to stop holding me up by strolling through intersections on my green light. I'm trying to get somewhere for a reason; if you were going anywhere important, you wouldn't be walking there.

No comments: